Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A project for Serious Bondage

I contacted Mark from Serious Bondage a while back and asked him if there was anything I could make for him, as I have been wanting to collaborate with him on a project for a few years now. We discussed a few things, and decided I would make a male version of the butterfly straitjacket for his site SeriousMaleBondage. It would be a heavier-duty version of the one I usually make, with maybe some contrasting straps and a more asylum-type look.

Seems like a cool project with the opportunity to try some new things! Right away I offered to make a matching hood, possibly connecting to the body in some yet-to-be-determined way. After that, Mark suggested adding an additional leg sack as well, so the whole thing could become a kind of modular F-suit...

See how carried away we can get once we get the ideas flowing?

I created a few sketches to show the initial concept, and to try and work out the basic color scheme:
When I go to buy leather I am always inspired by all the different colors and textures available. Unfortunately, about 90% of the time I chicken out and go with all black. I really want to push in some new directions with color, and this project might be a good chance to do that. What do you think? I know... black just goes with everything, right?

6 comments:

  1. I like red but I think the bottom one is the best.

    How about something in orange? One thing that you might consider adding is some sort of lettering 'SB' on the front or back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not the most realistic suggestion, but the shape of the arms and the black from row 2 and the yellow from row 4 made me think of bumble bees.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Restraints Blog,
    Orange? That's a bold step, for sure. I remember reading about David Page - an artist who works with restraints in his work - who commented on the effect of an orange straitjacket he made. People were calling the police, as they though someone had escaped from the asylum! I like the idea of lettering...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sammy, I like the bumblebee idea! I have been wanting to do something with alternating stripes of color... Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I would say a really nice Natural leather which is bordering on a honey or light tobacco with black accents Like the bottom image but swap the darker for lighter,

    Just where do I send my measurements, to you or Mark ??

    MaxJacket the warden of the Maximum Security Institution.

    Sleep Tight I bet i would if i were in one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the last style above but in a honey natural leather with black accents would produce a wonderful bondage restraint.
    No where do I send my measurements ? to your self or Mark???

    ReplyDelete