Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ballet boot last - done for now...

I wrapped up the lasts for the ballet boot project I was working on, and wanted to share a couple of pictures of the final steps. Actually, I have more to do on these to fine-tune the fit, but I have to set these aside for now, as I have other projects pending.

I ended up taking the left foot shape almost to completion, and then I had to play catch-up with the right. As I got closer to being finished, the final shaping around the instep and heel really made the last look like a foot. I wanted a tight, anatomically correct fit, but also didn't want the final shape to be too literal - I still want a sleek, stylized form as well.

You can see by the image below how much wood had to be removed to get the final shape.
From the front, the last took on an even straighter shape.
Below are images of the final form (for now, at least)...
I am really looking forward to making a pair of boots from these, but it will have to wait for now.
Stay tuned for more...
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the final result!

    are those sized for a specific foot size or did you just free-form it to be close to what you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sized for my wife, with her tiny size 6 feet! I can't wait to finish either, they are going to be cool!!

      Delete