Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The "LOST" photo shoot

I was looking through the archives for project images to post on my FetLife profile, and came across some old JPGs from a photo shoot I did years ago. These are just a few of the many photos that were taken, that since have languished in digital limbo, never seeing any activity at all save their frozen bits taking up room on a DVD. Figured I'd share them with you rather than let them languish any longer... This is the first time they've been shown anywhere. 

These photos were taken at a time when I was just getting serious about making bondage gear, and the model was one of the first people to encourage me to pursue it further. I still appreciate the nudge she gave me, saying it was good enough to sell. 

The opera-length gloves she's wearing were purchased from Ines gloves, but I did make the hood and cuffs myself. It was one of my first solo shoots with a hired model. I lived and shot the pix in a second-floor apartment at the time, and it had awesome afternoon light streaming in through all the windows. 

I remember building the stage and backdrop as well - just for this shoot. I don't think it was ever used again... Oh well, you learn a lot from just trying things sometimes, even if you don't know how it will all turn out. 

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. She looks like that girl you always draw...no, wait. It's the reverse.

    P.S. Those lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - you're so right. The drawings look like the photos which look like the drawings... they're all blending together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, memories ... Did my first bondage photo shoots 17 years ago, then in my small single-room flat, standing in the corridor and shooting through the door because of the lack of space.

    You've come a long way for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete