I finished up another f-suit this past weekend, and I think it came out very nice. This is my second attempt at a pointed-toe foot pocket for this client. The first one I made was too short at the toe, even after all the measurements and the prototype. I probably made too many changes between the prototype and the final, which is where the problem creeped in. I am hoping this one fits just perfect... fingers crossed!
Since we were making a new suit anyway, there were several other tweaks to the design: The arm pocket holes were enlarged to make getting in and out of the suit a bit easier. The collar was enlarged slightly - more room for a collar or hood underneath.
I also added a second tongue at the crotch so the zipper teeth could be completely covered on both sides when the zipper is opened. Clever idea from the client...
Finally, the bottom of the foot pocket is made to fit the outline of the client's foot.
Many great design ideas come from the people I work with, and it often surprises me with the types of ideas they have. I often have that "I wish I'd thought of that" feeling... There is always a different way of looking at things, and for me the collaboration is one of the best parts of doing custom work.