Took some nice photos of the boot binder prototype... I definitely have some adjustments to make next time, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
The bottom would look even more smooth if I had a foot-pad in the shape of the boot. Unfortunately, the one I stuffed in there created a bump on the bottom.
I learn a lot every time I test a pattern like this. It just helps to try it out in leather before you spend too much time refining the pattern. I think it's called "ready, fire - aim". You can get paralyzed if you spend too much time trying to figure out all the "what ifs."
Once you have it made and try it on, some things just work themselves out. I'm pretty surprised how well the little mini pocket for the heels fit. It wasn't too much trouble to get the boots into the pocket, either. This is going to look so nice in a slightly heavier leather.I can't wait to get this idea integrated into a full-coverage sleepsack. (Insert evil laugh here...) =0)
Until next time...