Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bondage hood and posture collar patterns

In response to numerous requests, I have posted some new PDFs of a few of my project patterns on a Google Docs site. These are available for you to download and use to make your own projects. I am starting with a male and female bondage hood, as well as a tall posture collar. You will need Acrobat reader to view and print the PDF (available for free) and you'll probably need to tile these out and tape them together to fit the entire pattern (unless you have really large printer).

Be sure to check the printing options to make sure you are outputting these at 100%, otherwise the sizing might be off. I think the default setting on Acrobat is a "reduce-to-fit", which can result in the wrong size printout. You can double-check the size by measuring the scale I included on each pattern - in both inches and millimeters.

The 3.5 inch posture collar pattern is here. I will take you through the production of this piece in a future post.


The male version of the bondage hood is here. This pattern is being posted for the first time. The shape of the pattern is similar to the female hood, only bigger. You should make adjustments as needed to make the pattern fit your size. Also, I always recommend using a cheap material to test the size of your pattern before you commit to making the final in leather.

And just to keep things all in one place, the female bondage hood pattern is reposted here.
Best of luck, and an armbinder pattern is in the works... Now, don't say I have never given you anything!

9 comments:

  1. You sir are awesome.
    Patterns like these are incredibly difficult to find. Especially presented as nicely and as cleanly as you have here.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Merana - hope they help, and would love to see what people do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great patterns.
    Thank you!
    Could I ask what program you use to draft your patterns? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Farin, you're so welcome. To create the vector drawing, I scan the original paper pattern on a flatbed scanner, then trace the outline and draw in the guide lines using Adobe Illustrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to say thanks for the patterns as well. I'm waiting for a better set of tools to arrive, but in the mean time, I tried my hand and making a hood out of cotton, just to get a feel for it. Here's the attempt so far: http://i.imgur.com/DBzi3.jpg

    Thanks for readily putting all this info out there for us Mr Christopher. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, klemensy - and thanks for sharing the image. I can see from the photo that you may be able to make the size a little smaller, based on the fit and how close the laces are coming together in the back. You're off to a great start!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yeah, I'm still working out the sizing for my tiny head, but I'm glad I had a test run first. Can't wait for my tools to arrive. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Chrtistopher, I agree with Merana, there is nothing that compares with the quality of your work out there. Your attention to detail is stunning. You say that you have made several forms for these hoods, does that mean that you would be prepared to make one for paying customers, as I for sure would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks qwerkyone, I try my best! There are others doing really high-quality work: Top to Bottom Leathers, Sinvention, and Mr. S come to mind... I take inspiration from each of them as well. The hood forms take so much time to make, I wouldn't be able to make them for others, but I do find them helpful for the kind of work I do. With all the focus on 3D printing technologies, it may be possible to print custom hood forms relatively soon! That would be pretty cool...

      Delete