Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Black Cherries book - proof preview


Karen Hsiao came over last week to show me the printer's proof of the Black Cherries book. For those of you who don't know, I've been working with her for over a year on this project (you can check out past posts by clicking on the "Black Cherries" label). The proof looks completely amazing, about 8 inches square, perfect bound, and around 100 pages, full of images I hadn't yet seen. (Karen has been sending some things my way via email, but with so many photos, it's been hard to keep track of everything.)

The proof looks really sharp compared to the smaller screen-res images I'm used to seeing, and having the images paired in spreads makes some interesting juxtapositions. The saturated colors and subtlety of tone - I'm so looking forward to seeing the final finished book in print. It's a completely different animal than seeing things onscreen. The effect of seeing all the pictures together (filled with so many restraints and hoods straight from my fetish-addled imagination) was pretty overwhelming. I actually got a bit high from the experience. I've seen a lot of arty and pervy books over the years, but I've never seen anything like this book. 

The one thing that I discovered during Karen's visit was the edition size for the printing of this book is going to be pretty small - possibly only 250 copies or so. I was hoping to be able to sell some directly, but with such a small run that may not be possible. 

If you were interested in possibly buying a copy (they'll be around $45), could you leave a comment or email me at christopherfetish(at)gmail.com? This isn't an invitation to place an order, but it may give me an idea of how many people may want a copy directly from me. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment