Wednesday, December 3, 2014

20 Questions for PD of InSex

I came across a list of things I wanted to ask if I ever had the chance to interview PD from InSex. I never got the opportunity, but figured I'd share the list as sort of an open letter. You never know, he might actually see it some day...

1. Very early on the insex site there were image of males (a man) in bondage. Was that you? Do you have any experience of the submissive side of S&M? If so does this influence your work? 



2. You posted a PDF of a hood pattern online a while ago, one of the few I was able to ever find online. What was your thinking behind sharing the design?


3. Over the years you have used a lot of incredible gear that is completely custom-made. I am thinking of the many hoods, collars, armbinder, latex stumped sheath, stratjacket, sleepsack. Do you make or have made the custom gear you use? Do you design it yourself? How involved are you in the design/production process? 




4. What is the story behind the fiberglass cocoon? Was that something you dreamed up? Who produced it? 

5. How do you find your models? You seem to use a lot of women who aren’t necessarily in “the business”. 

6. Is there a decent living to be made doing what you do? Or, do you do it regardless of the money? 


7. Do you consider yourself an artist who happens to work in the medium of S&M? Is the performance more important, or the product of the act (the videos and pictures produced) more important?

8. Who inspired you in terms of doing what you do? Do you have any fetish/bondage heroes? 


9. If you could have dinner with any historical figure, or any person living or dead, who would it be? 

10. Do you have a wife/girlfriend/significant other? Do you ever develop feelings for the girls you shoot with? 

11. Do you ever get bored doing what you do? Has it become routine?

12. What you do, is it a Job? A lifestyle? An obsession?


13. Do you think bondage is part of human nature? Does it scratch some sort of primal human itch?

14. What do you do on your time off? Any non-kink hobbies?

15. When did you first know you might be a little different?




16. What will bondage/S&M be like 100 years from now? 

17. Who is your mortal enemy? 

18. Do you have experience as a more traditional artist: painter/photographer? What were you going to be when you grew up? 



19. If you could change anything about the world, what would it be? 

20. Favorite meal? 

Submitted by Christopher 

1/31/12

5 comments:

  1. I am interested to know who you would answer these questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that PD has a FetLife profile, and tried to contact him there. I'll let you know if I ever hear back from him. Also, I heard some of the questions I had are answered in a documentary "Graphic Sexual Horror" which is on order as well. Hopefully I can glean some insight from that movie. More to come...

      Delete
  2. He's one of the sources for my encasement stuff. The ladycaskets, bodybags...just plain awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I guess I already know the answer, but just to make sure. Did you get any answer?
    Thanks for your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard back from PD directly, but did get some questions answered via other means (mainly through a documentary about him and InSex). I did find out PD is on Fetlife as well, so I wrote him, but have yet to hear back. After seeing the movie, I think I know why... I hope to post an update shortly. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete